The best way to get rid of white patches on face, arms, legs and anywhere on the body is by visiting a doctor. There are various laser and other treatments available for removing these white marks from the body. Some of the home remedies like reddish seeds, aloe vera, vinegar, honey etc. also provide with excellent results.
White patches or marks on skin is medically termed as vitiligo and these patches can appear anywhere on the body including face, hands, legs etc.
Various studies and researches have been done on this issue, but what exactly causes white spots on the body is still not known. According to some researches this problem arises due to autoimmune disorder wherein our body immune system destroys the cells that are responsible for producing melanin.
According to some other studies the cause of white patches can be either genetic, stress or lack of vitamin B12 in the body. Apart from this, small patches can also be formed because of fungal infections like tine vesicular, psoriasis, eczema etc.
This problem does not affect the health of the person, but it can lower the inner confidence since it feels very awkward to have them, especially on face. Regardless of the trigger that leads to this skin problem, here are some of the best medical and natural treatments that can help you get rid of white patches.
Possible Medical Treatments:
1. If you are looking for a medical alternative then the first thing you should do is to consult a doctor. This is the only person that can properly examine your condition and give you medication accordingly. If you want to quickly get rid of white patches than a doctor is a person that can help you.
2. There are some skin based corticosteroid creams that can be utilized on the white skin so that it returns to normal. Using such creams provides good results, but along with the cure some have also faced negative effects like peeling skin and lines.
3. If there are small patches then creams containing tacrolimus and pimecrolimus can used. These products have proved to be very good in treating the de-pigmentation of the skin and helping you to get even skin tone. Also this treatment has its own side-effects and hence the best choice for you is to book an appointment with the doctor.
4. A doctor can provide you options for the treatment of white marks like laser therapy, chemotherapy, grafting of new skin, micro pigmentation etc. This is why it is said to visit an expert so that you are exposed to a variety of new treatments.
Home remedies for white patches
There are certain home remedies that can be used to get rid of the de-pigmented skin. Although getting cure from home remedies is debatable, but many individuals have got good results using them. These are some of the best remedies that can help you to get rid of this skin problem.
Drinking two spoons of ginger juice everyday can be good as it strengthens our immune system and stimulates blood flow throughout the body. These are some of the ways by which you can use ginger to get even skin tone.
· Add one spoon of ginger juice, few lemon drops in half glass of water and drink it.
· One can also rub a piece of ginger of the white patches for 5 minutes daily.
· Or apply ginger paste to the affected areas and leave it for 10 minutes.
· There is no proof with this, but you can give it a try. Repeat it for two weeks, if you see no change then quit.
Turmeric is the solution to almost all the skin problems and it is also said that this natural remedy works good in treating vitiligo. This is an ancient Ayurveda remedy which has antiseptic properties that clears the bacterial and fungal infections and its extract also helps to rejuvenate skin. Mix olive oil and little water to turmeric and cover a few patches in start. If after two weeks you see getting positive results then carry on for other white spots.
Same like turmeric, honey also contains antiseptic property that helps to kill the fungus and bacteria on the skin. Apart from this, honey is high in moisture levels and its healing properties can help you remove the white patches. Place some organic honey on the marks and let our skin absorb the nutrient in it. Honey has no side-effects for skin and hence you can use it twice a day and carry on for two weeks to see some results.
You can either consume neem or place its paste on the skin or both because the powerful skin friendly agents can bring back to you your normal skin. Dry few neem leaves and consume two to three leaves daily. You can also make a paste of fresh neem leaves and keep it on the affected skin. Consuming dried leaves of neem can fix the autoimmune disorder that lead to white patches and applying its paste can kill those fungus that are also a cause for this problem.
Frankly speaking, aloe vera is also an excellent natural medicine to get rid of white patches. Take one leaf of aloe vera plant leaf, cut and extract the gel. Drink two spoons of this gel every day. The antioxidants and the healing power in this gel can reverse the effect of autoimmune disorders and applying it to the patches can make this treatment much more effective.
This is a very famous remedy for removing white patches from the body. Radish seeds can help to remove the infections and it also works in promoting the generation of new skin cells. Applying a paste of reddish seeds can make your patches less visible. To prepare this remedy first powder reddish seeds and add a vitamin E rich oil, aloe gel or water to it. Apply it to the de-pigmented skin and after 20 minutes wash it. This is a very powerful remedy for treating the unwanted patches from the skin.
Vitamin E Oil
Vitamin E oils like olive oil, coconut and almond oil have the quality to provide skin with lots of moisture and healing extracts that stimulates the restoration of normal skin. And especially olive oil has antioxidants, antifungal and antibacterial properties that can clear any kind of serious infection on skin. Take olive oil or a mixture of the three oils and daily rub it daily to the white skin. After 20 minutes, wash it with an antiseptic or moisturizing soap and water. Repeating it for two weeks can show you some improvement in your skin tone.
Apple Cider Vinegar
One can use apple cider vinegar to kill the tine vesicular type fungus responsible for white patches on skin. Wash your infected skin with apple cider vinegar. If these patches were due to this fungus then within few washes your skin will return to normal. One can also add 2 spoons of vinegar in a glass of water and drink it for solving immune disorders.
If you completely want to remove these white patches from skin, then only an expert treatment from the doctor can help. Home remedies will work, but they are slow and there is no guarantee that which natural treatment will work in your case.